To Report a Claim

Toll-Free: 800-318-8870, ext. 1
Fax: 720-962-0301

Online Resolution Center

If you are having any issues regarding a claim you can reach out to our Online Resolution Center to report your issue. This intake form brings any issues you may have regarding a claim (process, communications, follow through, payment, etc.) and delivers them to management for resolution. Once you complete the form, you should hear back from us within one business day.

Workers' Compensation Forms

Property and Liability Forms

Claims Procedures

Pre-Loss Legal Services

Show Details

Pre-Loss Legal Services can help keep small issues from growing into serious legal troubles. This allows your district management to avoid making uninformed decisions that lead to costly legal actions.

Log on to HR Helpline at
Click the “Expert Advice” tab
Click “Ask Now” to fill out the web form or call the number indicated on the screen

Call 1-800-318-8870, ext. 1 option 2
(Subject to a limit of $2,000 per occurrence or wrongful act and $4,000 each coverage period)


Show Details

After the discovery of a loss or a situation that may result in loss due to evidence or allegations of employee dishonesty or embezzlement:

  1. Notify the CSD Pool by emailing or calling 1-800-318-8870, ext. 1
  2. Notify local law enforcement authorities and appropriate district management, given the sensitivity of the issue
  3. Cooperate fully in the investigation and settlement of any claim and produce all pertinent records for examination; Be sure to send in any additional information that becomes available after the initial notice is given
  4. Additionally, cooperate with law enforcement in their investigation
  5. Answer questions from the Pool's insurance carriers, and provide a signed statement when on request


Show Details

If your district receives a lawsuit or notification of damages under state or federal law, notice of a claim, demand from an attorney representing an injured party, or any similar document:

  1. Complete the General Property & Liability Claim Form. If you need assistance filling out the form or to submit the claim by phone, call 1-800-318-8870, ext. 1
  2. If applicable, provide a full incident report with photos as documented by a supervisor
  3. Send the completed form and all relevant documents to


  • Full incident report with relevant pictures should be documented by supervisor
  • If you believe a claim may be coming but have not yet received any notice, please refer to the Pre-Loss Legal tab for additional information
  • Never make any statement that admits fault, responsibility or guilt on behalf of yourself or your district
  • Keep a list of any known witnesses and retain any defective products that may have contributed to the accident or claim

Cyber Liability

Show Details

If your district has suffered or may have suffered a data compromise which affects your district, its constituents, or employees:

  1. Access eRisk Hub® to obtain an Incident Road Map and a list of qualified consultants to help you recover
  2. Review the Incident Road Map to outline the applicable steps required in your situation
  3. Fill out the Cyber Liability Claim Form and Cyber Liability Incident Report
  4. Partner with your IT staff or consultants to fill out the reports as necessary
  5. Track and document all your expenses
  6. After expenses are paid, submit them for reimbursement by calling 1-800-318-8870 ext. 1, option 2 and emailing documents to


  • Keep a list of any known witnesses and retain any defective products that may have contributed to the accident or claim
  • Your web hosting company may be helpful in the investigation of the incident
  • If you do not have an account at eRisk Hub, you can set one up using the code 09746


Show Details

In the event of a new, sudden, and accidental pollution event from a premises scheduled under Property Coverage:

  1. Take any and all reasonable steps to mitigate further damage or contamination to any affected property
  2. Notify local, state or federal environmental authorities as required by law
  3. Inform the Pool by calling 1-800-318-8870, ext. 1
  4. Complete the General Property & Liability Claim Form
  5. We will help you report the claim to CHUBB.


  • Never make any statement that admits fault, responsibility or guilt
  • Premises must be scheduled on Property Coverage Forms to be covered
  • Must be reported during the policy period and must be a newly discovered event


Show Details

After the discovery of a loss or a situation that may result in loss or damage:

  1. Take photos to document the loss or damage to structures or their contents
  2. Take reasonable steps to protect property from further damage by any cause (weather, broken pipes, fire, etc.) and set the damaged property aside for later examination
  3. Keep detailed expense records for any emergency or temporary repairs
  4. Notify the police if you believe that a law was broken (vandalism, sabotage, etc.)
  5. Fill out the General Property & Liability Claim Form
  6. Email the form to and call 1-800-318-8870, ext. 1 if you have any questions


  • Provide a complete inventory of damaged and undamaged property including quantities, costs, values, and amount of loss claimed
  • Permit the Pool to inspect the property proving the loss or damage and examine relevant books and records.
  • Upon request, sign a sworn proof of loss form and return it to the Pool

Equipment Breakdown

Show Details

After the discovery of a loss or a situation that may result in loss or damage:

  1. Photograph the damage, causes, and surrounding area
  2. Take appropriate action to mitigate further damage and document all expenses
  3. Fill out the General Property & Liability Claim Form
  4. Email the form to and call 1-800-318-8870, ext. 1 if you have any questions
  5. Provide a description of how, when, and where the loss or damage occurred
  6. Cooperate with the Pool adjuster's investigation in any way requested. This may include the following:
    • Allow the Pool reasonable time and opportunity to examine the property and premises before repairs are undertaken, while taking whatever measures are necessary to prevent further damage
    • Follow the Pool's instructions regarding handling of damaged materials. Do not throw anything away unless instructed by your adjuster Upon request, permit the Pool to question district staff under oath about any matter relating to this claim or insurance, including the district's records and books, and provide a signed statement to that effect
    • Upon request, sign a sworn proof of loss form

Automobile Accidents

Show Details

If a district employee is involved in an automobile accident while on the job, they should follow the procedures below.

An abridged version of this information is available on our Accident Report Card, which should be kept in each vehicle. You can request additional copies by emailing

  1. If necessary, move your vehicle to the side of the road to prevent further damage or injury and place road warnings as needed per Colorado law
  2. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately; Repeat your request after five minutes if help has not yet arrived
  3. Stay calm and be courteous; make no statement concerning the accident to anyone other than a police officer, and be sure to get his or her name and badge number
  4. Secure and solicit the aid of witnesses at the scene. Get the information of any witness who will be of value to the adjuster in claims settlement
    Tip: Use the Accident Report Card provided by the CSD Pool to record information
  5. Obtain the names, addresses, driver's license numbers, and insurance information of drivers as well as names and addresses of passengers in the vehicles involved, especially when injuries have occurred
  6. Take at least ten photographs from different angles of any damaged vehicles, structures, infrastructure, or objects; Include photographs of roadways, weather conditions, and traffic patterns
  7. Before leaving the scene of the accident, check to determine if all factual information has been recorded
  8. Report the accident to the police immediately or other authority as required by law
  9. When you are safe and any injuries have been treated, fill out the General Property & Liability Claim Form or by calling 1-800-318-8870, ext. 1
  10. Email your claim form, Accident Report Card, and photos to

Workers' Compensation

Show Details

If an employee suffers an injury while on the job:

  1. The district should seek proper medical treatment for any injured employee and if it is a life-threatening emergency, call 911
  2. In non-emergency situations, the district should advise employees to use one of their Designated Medical Preferred Providers
  3. Fill out the forms listed below. Note that other paperwork may need to be completed in the future, as requested by the adjusters

    Alternately, the employee can report his or her claim directly to 800-318-8870, ext. 1. The operator will complete the paperwork for them and the district will be sent claim information after the call

  4. Send the completed forms to


  • If you have any questions, please call 800-318-8870, ext. 1 option 2
  • Upon receiving the claim, we will contact the district with a claim number and any additional required information
  • The injured worker must follow up with a designated provider as soon as their condition allows
  • For our free guide to managing Workers' Compensation costs before, during and after a claim, click here

Crisis Response

Show Details

Crisis Response coverage is included at no cost with Workers' Compensation. It provides resources for responding to the events outlined below.

Qualifying Domestic Crisis Events:
Any of the following events in which two (2) or more district employees have died

  • Explosion or bombing
  • Workplace violence
  • Structural fire
  • Arson
  • Vehicular accident
  • Tornado
  • Flood
  • Wildfire
  • Earthquake

Qualifying International Crisis Events:
Any of the following in which employees abroad on district business need extraction due to these events

  • Riots and political unrest
  • Hurricanes and typhoons
  • Tsunamis
  • Government collapse
  1. In case of a qualified Crisis Event, contact the CSD Pool immediately at 1-800-318-8870 and follow the prompts for Workers' Compensation
    Note: Claims must be reported within five (5) days of the qualifying event.
  2. The CSD Pool will help you file your claim. Please note that you should also separately notify the Pool of any work injury or deaths as indicated on the Workers' Compensation page of this booklet by calling 1-800-318-8870 ext. 1

Once your claim is submitted, the Pool will direct you toward resources to help your district cope with the impact of the event and will reimburse the district for the costs of the items listed below:

  • Crisis management services
  • Crisis response guidance
  • Crisis communications (mass media, social media, etc.)
  • Public relations
  • Media management
  • Psychological treatment
  • Short-term counseling
  • Extraction (International Crisis Events)