The CSD Pool has a lot to offer, and this can sometimes be overwhelming. In response, we have put together an all-inclusive yet concise aid in helping to explain what exactly it is that we are all about. This document is intended for distribution to current member district management and Board Members, as well as district prospects for the CSD Pool.
We truly believe that education is key, and the more acquainted people are with their coverage and the CSD Pool organization as a whole, the better we will be able to help all Colorado special districts. You can also request a paper booklet by emailing email@example.com.
Your Pool Board of Directors has authorized an additional 5% in contribution credits
when the Pool Administrator can identify and verify district members that do appropriate
training to preserve their district’s affirmative defenses. Credit will be applied when
training is accomplished in conjunction with your district not condoning the inappropriate
behaviors of individuals acting outside the course and scope of their duties as a Board
Member, supervisor, or district employee. The CSD Pool Online University (OLU) has
been set up to accommodate the verification of this training.
A human resource web portal housing thousands of sample policy forms, Colorado specific information, HR Best Practices and Federal Compliance Audits.
Your Colorado Special Districts Property and Liability Pool (CSD Pool) has teamed up with the Special Districts Association of Colorado (SDA) and HRSentry to present members with the best in online HR services. In rolling out HR Made Simple, we purchased annual subscriptions for our entire membership, which includes but is not limited to the following benefits:
- Tools to assess your organization with the efficient HR Made Simple self audit option
- 103 questions on Federal Compliance and industry Best Practices to determine HR weakness
- Use resources and overall results to define a work plan and track further progress
Please visit HRSentry to get up to speed on the latest HR Made Simple features. To do so, we recommend you choose one of two options:
- Log in and browse the many easy to use features, on your own, at your own convenience
- Visit the Resource tab to view a twenty-minute tutorial on the new functionality
In January 2010, the CSD Pool Board of Directors authorized nearly $375,000 for this new Safety and Loss Prevention Grant Program aimed at supplementing our members’ budgets. With current budget shortfalls, we are hoping to provide some support, thus reducing future losses to each district and the CSD Pool. Because fund allocations to members are determined using a sliding scale based on longevity in the Pool and past contributions, all Property & Liability and Workers’ Compensation contributions play a role in determining available funds for each member. Below is an overview of the various components of the S&LPGP:
- After one (1) complete year of CSD Pool membership, districts are eligible for S&LPGP funding
- Must apply online
- Funds may be used to purchase any Safety or Loss Prevention goods or services deemed to prevent covered losses on the CSD Pool coverage forms
- Members may accumulate funds over multiple years
- The CSD Pool Administration Team must approve all disbursements
- Designated Pool Representative at the member district must approve disbursement request on behalf of the district
- Reimbursement is on an incurred expense basis; payments can be made direct to vendors, provided the member provides us with proper documentation of receipt for goods or services
- Disbursements - $100 minimum
- Funds remain with the CSD Pool until disbursed
- Annual allocations will be subject to change as determined by the CSD Pool Board of Directors
- CSD Pool Board will give ninety (90) day notice in the event of suspension or termination of the S&LPGP
- If a district leaves the Pool, any undistributed funds will return to the CSD Pool general fund
- Balances will be adjusted for final WC Audits by March of each year
Your CSD Pool Board of Directors and the SDA are pleased to continue with the SDA Conference and CSD Pool Training Scholarship Program targeted at encouraging new management to take part in our various Training Workshops, as well as the SDA Annual Conference. With our Scholarship program, we are offering to reimburse districts for costs incurred sending first time supervisors and Board Members to specific training offered by the CSD Pool and the SDA.
To accomplish this, the CSD Pool and the SDA have once again joined forces in this difficult economic climate to offer five (5) additional $750 scholarships, bringing the grand total to $31,250. These funds are intended to cover out of pocket expenses associated with travel and attendance at Training Workshops or the SDA Annual Conference. Please visit our Training Calendar Page for dates and other information, such as registration, which can be done 45 days prior to the event.
Individuals interested in the Scholarship Program should fill out the Online Application at least 30 days prior to the Workshop or at least 60 days prior to the SDA Annual Conference
Your CSD Pool has just launched a new website providing districts with everything they need to respond to a data breach under the new Federal Red Flag or Colorado State Data Breach Statutes.
eRisk Hub® content includes but is not limited to:
- Personal data breach incident hotline
- Data breach incident road map
- Pre-qualified and preferred pricing resources for:
- Loss Mitigation
- Corrective Action
- Law Enforcement
- Public Notification
- Public Relations
- Credit Monitoring Reports
- ID Theft Counselors
While eRisk Hub® was specifically made available to Pool Members in response to personal data breach issues, it is so much more in that it is a live resource for the well-being of any technology department.
Members participating in the Liability Pool have a $200,000 policy limit for covered cost, to help offset the expense of complying with state and federal statutes. Claims are handled just as other claims are handled— by notifying the Claims Administrator (CTSI), filling out a claim form, and taking the necessary actions to mitigate the claim and comply with the District’s responsibilities.
|Access eRisk Hub|
|Access Code: 09746|